It can be quite difficult to reduce the fat of the lower abdomen because like other parts of the body you cannot reduce this part only. But, by reducing diet with hard work and dedication, extra weight can be reduced by full-body workouts and easy lifestyle changes.
Decrease excess fat
Reduce calorie intake. When trying to lose weight, there is no specific way to lose weight in one part of it is not possible to lose weight of one part of the body at a time. If you want to reduce belly fat, then you have to reduce overall weight by reducing calorie intake.
- Reduce your diet by about 500 to 750 calories per day. In this way, a small reduction in calories can reduce the weight of about 0.45 to 0.68 kg every week.
- Doctors generally do not recommend losing more weight every week.
- Use a food diary or online tracker to know how many calories you currently consume daily. Reduce 500 to 750 of total calories for moderate weight loss so that you know how many calories you should consume daily.
Focus mostly on protein, fruits and vegetables: Studies show that consuming a low-carbohydrate diet not only helps in reducing weight quickly but also reduces belly fat in particular.
- Each time you eat, fill your plate with 85 to 113 grams of lean protein (approximately the size of the deck of cards).
- Most non-starchy vegetables (like peppers of different colors or peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, brinjals, cauliflower, or lettuce) and aim to have one or two servings every time you eat. Eat one to two cups of green leafy vegetables.
- Eat one to two fruits daily. Fruits have natural sugar and they should eat about ½ cup or a medium grind of most fruits in the right porcelain size.
- Examples of lower-carb
- meals are: mix green salad with raw vegetables, 140g grilled chicken and oil-based dressing, a cup of Greek yogurt with nuts and ½ cup fruit or grilled salmon and steamed broccoli with a little salad.
Eat less grains: Foods such as bread, rice, and pasta can be part of a healthy diet, but these foods are much higher carbohydrate than other foods. Reducing them can help you stay on a low calorie diet.
- Bread, Rice, Pasta, Crackers, Chips, Tortilla, English Muffin, etc.
- Limit your food portions size to 28.3 grams or ½ cup. Do not stop taking all the grains together. Choose lots of nutritional grains that keep you full like quinoa or oatmeal.
- Also, choose 100% Whole Grain Options. These foods are rich in high fiber and other nutrients, which are a part of a healthy diet.
Quit consuming excess sugar: Studies show that sugar (especially added sugar) is one of the main reasons for increased abdominal fat. Take high-sugar foods to a minimum.
- Added sugar is the sugar that companies add during the manufacturing process. For example, cookies and ice cream not only contain added sugar, but items like crackers, juices, pasta, and sauces also contain a lot of added sugar.
- Natural sugar is not added and it is found naturally in foods. For example, fruits contain little sugar but are natural sugar. Natural sugar foods are the best choice because they usually contain a lot of essential nutrients.
- Make a habit of reading and using food labels and beware of the hidden sugar in packaged foods. Be aware of different names of added sugar and remember that sugar can be found in many different forms in the same product.
- If you have a habit of overeating sweet, choose healthy options like honey, dark chocolate, dry fruits, and Greek yogurt to calm your craving.
Drink plenty of water. It is very important to stay hydrated to maintain normal body functions and studies show that drinking plenty of water can help in reducing weight quickly.
- This is because drinking water keeps your stomach full, which makes you eat less.
- Make a goal to drink at least 8 to 13 glasses of water every day. Drinking 1 to 2 glasses of water before every meal helps to reduce hunger and fills the stomach quickly.
image source: istock